PATRIOT FREEDOM IS SUPPORTED TOTALLY BY PATRIOTS LIKE YOU
Please Donate Today...A $17.76 donation, or any other amount would be greatly appreciated.
Help Save our Nation!
|Obama seems to have declared war on God Himself
Search Engine Friendly URL: http://www.patriotfreedom.org/news_20120717_7400/obama-seems-to-have-declared-war-on-god-himself/
Obama seems to have declared war on God Himself
"One nation Under Government--Not Under God,"
by Rev. Austin MilesThis world has become a strange place for a religious person to live. As Helen Trautman, CEO of Results Unlimited in Pittsburgh lamented: "Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's Chosen People...Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah...Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world, and Mormans do not recognize each other at the liquor store. There may be some Pentecostals in that mix as well.
Making it even more confusing, Obama seems to have declared war on God Himself. In a story published by Worth Reading (7/10/12) by Phyllis Schlafly,founder of Eagle Forum. titled: "One nation Under Government--Not Under God," it details "Obama's record of hostility to religion that we have never before seen in any American president."
Orlean Koehle, President of California Eagle Forum, gathered even more details of Obama's war on God and America and forwarded them to us.
Prepare to be shocked as you see all of Obama's maneuvers to make America Godless and to see what he has accomplished for Marxism in a very short time:
Listed below in chronological order are (1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.
1. Acts of Hostility Toward People of Biblical Faith:
· April 2008—Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren't like them.” 
· February 2009—Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011. 
· April 2009—When speaking at Georgetown University, Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus' name be covered when he is making his speech. 
· May 2009—Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House. 
· April 2009—In a deliberate act of disrespect, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three. 
· October 19, 2010—Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence—an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions. 
· November 2010—Obama misquotes the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law. 
· January 2011—After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court. 
· February 2011—Although he filled posts in the State Department, for more than two years Obama did not fill the post of religious freedom ambassador, an official that works against religious persecution across the world; he filled it only after heavy pressure from the public and from Congress. 
· April 2011—For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring. 
· August 2011—The Obama administration releases its new health care rules that override religious conscience protections for medical workers in the areas of abortion and contraception. 
· November 2011—Obama opposes inclusion of President Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial. 
· November 2011—Unlike previous presidents, Obama studiously avoids any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech. 
· December 2011—The Obama administration denigrates other countries' religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights. 
· January 2012—The Obama administration argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis. 
· February 2012—The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion. 
2. Acts of Hostility from the Obama-led Military Toward People of Biblical Faith:
· June 2011—The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids references to God and Jesus during burial ceremonies at Houston National Cemetery. 
· August 2011—The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory to officers in California because the course is taught by chaplains and is based on a philosophy introduced by St. Augustine in the third century AD—a theory long taught by civilized nations across the world (except America). 
· September 2011—Air Force Chief of Staff prohibits commanders from notifying airmen of programs and services available to them from chaplains. 
· September 2011—The Army issues guidelines for Walter Reed Medical Center stipulating that “No religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or artifacts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit.” 
· November 2011—The Air Force Academy rescinds support for Operation Christmas Child, a program to send holiday gifts to impoverished children across the world, because the program is run by a Christian charity. 
· November 2011—The Air Force Academy pays $80,000 to add a Stonehenge-like worship center for pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans. 
· February 2012—The U.S. Military Academy at West Point disinvites three star Army general and decorated war hero Lieutenant General William G. (“Jerry”) Boykin (retired) from speaking at an event because he is an outspoken Christian. 
· February 2012—The Air Force removes “God” from the patch of Rapid Capabilities Office (the word on the patch was in Latin: Dei). 
· February 2012—The Army orders Catholic chaplains not to read a letter to parishioners that their archbishop asked them to read. 
3. Acts of Hostility Toward Biblical Values:
· January 2009—Obama lifts restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, forcing taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions in other nations. 
· January 2009—President Obama’s nominee for deputy secretary of state asserts that American taxpayers are required to pay for abortions and that limits on abortion funding are unconstitutional. 
· March 2009—The Obama administration shut out pro-life groups from attending a White House-sponsored health care summit. 
· March 2009—Obama orders taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research. 
· March 2009—Obama gave $50 million for the UNFPA, the UN population agency that promotes abortion and works closely with Chinese population control officials who use forced abortions and involuntary sterilizations. 
· May 2009—The White House budget eliminates all funding for abstinence-only education and replaces it with “comprehensive” sexual education, repeatedly proven to increase teen pregnancies and abortions.  He continues the deletion in subsequent budgets. 
· May 2009—Obama officials assemble a terrorism dictionary calling pro-life advocates violent and charging that they use racism in their “criminal” activities. 
· July 2009—The Obama administration illegally extends federal benefits to same-sex partners of Foreign Service and Executive Branch employees, in direction violation of the federal Defense of Marriage Act. 
· September 16, 2009—The Obama administration appoints as EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum, who asserts that society should “not tolerate” any “private beliefs,” including religious beliefs, if they may negatively affect homosexual “equality.” 
· July 2010—The Obama administration uses federal funds in violation of federal law to get Kenya to change its constitution to include abortion. 
· August 2010—The Obama administration Cuts funding for 176 abstinence education programs. 
· September 2010—The Obama administration tells researchers to ignore a judge’s decision striking down federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. 
· February 2011—Obama directs the Justice Department to stop defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act. 
· March 2011—The Obama administration refuses to investigate videos showing Planned Parenthood helping alleged sex traffickers get abortions for victimized underage girls. 
· July 2011—Obama allows homosexuals to serve openly in the military, reversing a policy originally instituted by George Washington in March 1778. 
· September 2011—The Pentagon directs that military chaplains may perform same-sex marriages at military facilities in violation of the federal Defense of Marriage Act. 
· October 2011—The Obama administration eliminates federal grants to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops for their extensive programs that aid victims of human trafficking because the Catholic Church is anti-abortion. 
4. Acts of Preferentialism for Islam:
· May 2009—While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan. 
· April 2010—Christian leader Franklin Graham is disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community. 
· April 2010—The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc. 
· August 2010—Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity. 
· August 2010—Obama went to great lengths to speak out on multiple occasions on behalf of building an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero, while at the same time he was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location. 
· 2010—While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha. 
· October 2011—Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House. 
· February 2012—The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U.S. military,  but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do. 
Many of these actions are literally unprecedented—this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history. The hostility of President Obama toward Biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president.
 Sarah Pulliam Baily, "Obama: ‘They cling to guns or religion’," Christianity Today, April 13, 2008.
 Aliza Marcus, "Obama to Lift ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers," Bloomberg, February 27, 2009; Sarah Pulliam Baily, "Obama Admin. Changes Bush ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers," Christianity Today, February 18, 2011.
 Jim Lovino, "Jesus Missing From Obama’s Georgetown Speech," NBC Washington, April 17, 2009.
 Johanna Neuman, “Obama end Bush-era National Prayer Day Service at White House," Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2009.
 Chris McGreal, “Vatican vetoes Barack Obama’s nominees for U.S. Ambassador,” The Guardian, April 14, 2009.
 Meredith Jessup, “Obama Continues to Omit ‘Creator’ From Declaration of Independence,” The Blaze, October 19, 2010.
 "Remarks by the President at the University of Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia," The White House, November 10, 2010.
 LadyImpactOhio, "Feds sued by Veterans to allow stolen Mojave Desert Cross to be rebuilt," Red State, January 14, 2011.
 Marrianne Medlin, “Amid criticism, President Obama moves to fill vacant religious ambassador post,” Catholic News Agency, February 9, 2011; Thomas F. Farr, “Undefender of the Faith,” Foreign Policy, April 5, 2012.
 Chris Johnson, “ENDA passage effort renewed with Senate introduction,” Washington Blade, April 15, 2011.
 Chuck Donovan, “HHS’s New Health Guidelines Trample on Conscience,” Heritage Foundation, August 2, 2011.
 Todd Starns, “Obama Administration Opposes FDR Prayer at WWII Memorial,” Fox News, November 4, 2011.
 Joel Siegel, “Obama Omits God From Thanksgiving Speech, Riles Critics,” ABC News, November 25, 2011.
 Hillary Rodham Clinton, “Remarks in Recognition of International Human Rights Day,” U.S. Department of State, December 6, 2011.
 Ted Olson, “Church Wins Firing Case at Supreme Court,” Christianity Today, January 11, 2012.
 Audrey Hudson, “Obama administration religious service for student loan forgiveness,” Human Events, February 15, 2012.
 “Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban of ‘God’ and ‘Jesus’,” Fox News, June 29, 2011.
 Jason Ukman, “Air Force suspends ethics course that used Bible passages that train missile launch officers,” Washington Post, August 2, 2011.
 "Maintaining Government Neutrality Regarding Religion," Department of the Air Force, September 1, 2011.
 "Wounded, Ill, and Injured Partners in Care Guidelines," Department of the Navy (accessed on February 29, 2012).
 "Air Force Academy Backs Away from Christmas Charity," Fox News Radio, November 4, 2011.
 Jenny Dean, "Air Force Academy adapts to pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans," Los Angeles Times, November 26, 2011.
 Ken Blackwell, "Gen. Boykin Blocked At West Point," cnsnews.com, February 1, 2012.
 Geoff Herbert, "Air Force unit removes 'God' from logo; lawmakers warn of 'dangerous precedent'," syracuse.com, February 9, 2012.
 Todd Starnes, "Army Silences Catholic Chaplains," Fox News Radio, February 6, 2012.
 Jeff Mason and Deborah Charles, "Obama lifts restrictions on abortion funding," Reuters, January 23, 2009.
 "Obama pick: Taxpayers must fund abortions," WND, January 27, 2009.
 Steven Ertelt, "Pro-Life Groups Left Off Obama’s Health Care Summit List, Abortion Advocates OK," LifeNews, March 5, 2009.
 "Obama Signs Order Lifting Restrictions on Stem Cell Research Funding," Fox News, March 9, 2009.
 Steven Ertelt, "President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation," LifeNews, February 11, 2012.
 Steven Ertelt, "Barack Obama’s Federal Budget Eliminates Funding for Abstinence-Only Education," LifeNews, May 8, 2009.
 Steven Ertelt, "Obama Budget Funds Sex Ed Over Abstinence on 16-1 Margin," LifeNews, February 14, 2011.
 Steven Ertelt, "Obama Admin Terrorism Dictionary Calls Pro-Life Advocates Violent, Racist," LifeNews, May 5, 2009.
 "Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies," The White House, June 17, 2009.
 Matt Cover, "Obama’s EEOC Nominee: Society Should ‘Not Tolerate Private Beliefs’ That ‘Adversely Affect’ Homosexuals," cnsnews.com, January 18, 2010.
 Tess Civantos, "White House Spent $23M of Taxpayer Money to Back Kenyan Constitution That Legalizes Abortion, GOP Reps Say," Fox News, July 22, 2010.
 Steven Ertelt, "Obama, Congress Cut Funding for 176 Abstinence Programs Despite New Study," LifeNews, August 26, 2010.
 Steven Ertelt, "President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation," LifeNews, February 11, 2012.
 Brian Montopoli, "Obama administration will no longer defend DOMA," CBSNews, February 23, 2011.
 Steven Ertelt, "Obama Admin Ignores Planned Parenthood Sex Trafficking Videos," LifeNews, March 2, 2011.
 Elisabeth Bumiller, "Obama Ends ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Policy," New York Times, July 22, 2011.
 Luis Martinez, "Will Same Sex Marriages Pose a Dilemma for Military Chaplains?," ABC News, October 12, 2011.
 Jerry Markon, "Health, abortion issues split Obama administration and Catholic groups," Washington Post, October 31, 2011.
 Alexander Mooney, "President Obama marks Ramadan," CNN, August 1, 2011.
 "Franklin Graham Regrets Army's Decision to Rescind Invite to Pentagon Prayer Service," Fox News, April 22, 2010.
 “Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document,” Fox News, April 7, 2010; "Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'," Fox News, May 27, 2010; "'Islamic Radicalism' Nixed From Obama Document," CBSNews, April 7, 2010.
 Chuck Norris, "President Obama: Muslim Missionary?," Townhall.com, August 17, 2010.
 "Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero," Fox News, August 13, 2010; Pamela Geller, "Islamic Supremacism Trumps Christianity at Ground Zero,"American Thinker, July 21, 2011.
 "WH Fails to Release Easter Proclamation," Fox Nation, April 25, 2011; "President Obama ignores most holy Christian holiday; AFA calls act intentional," American Family Association (accessed on February 29, 2012).
 "Report: Obama’s Muslim Advisers Block Middle Eastern Christians’ Access to the White House," Big Peace (accessed on February 29, 2012).
 "USA/Afghanistan-Islamophobia: Pentagon official apologizes for Quran burning," International Islamic News Agency (accessed on February 29, 2012).
 "Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan," CNN, May 22, 2009.
Remember November--Take it seriously. Defenders of the faith, ARISE!. Print this out for reference. Thanks again to Orlean Koehle for alerting us.
|U.S. Should Rein in Lavish U.N. Salaries
Search Engine Friendly URL: http://www.patriotfreedom.org/news_20120717_1949/u.s.-should-rein-in-lavish-u.n.-salaries/
U.S. Should Rein in Lavish U.N. Salaries
By Brett Schaefer
July 16, 2012
The International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) is currently meeting to recommend changes to the salaries and benefits for more than 80,000 United Nations employees and 14 other organizations participating in the United Nations common system. The ICSC calculates that U.N. employees in the professional and higher grades in New York earn a net remuneration (take-home salary) that averages 29.5 percent higher than that of equivalent U.S. civil servant grades in Washington, D.C. Moreover, U.N. employees enjoy benefits that in many cases exceed those of U.S. civil servants.
The financial implications of these lavish salaries and benefits are significant for the member states that pay for the budgets of these organizations, since the large majority of these budgets are dedicated to salaries and benefits. As the largest contributor to the U.N. system, the U.S. should work with the other member states to immediately freeze U.N. salaries until they are equivalent to that of the U.S. civil service.
The U.N. is comprised of 193 member states and is specifically charged by the U.N. charter to give “paramount consideration” in hiring staff to “the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity” while giving due regard to “the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible.” This presented a challenge to the U.N. when it was founded, because compensation varies greatly between member states.
When the U.N.’s predecessor, the League of Nations, grappled with the issue, it established the Noblemaire Committee, named after its chair, which recommended the adoption of a compensation system equal to that of the British Empire—the highest paid civil service in the world at the time—because “if lower salaries had been offered, it would be impossible to obtain the services of Britishers of the required standing.… On the other hand, it would be difficult…to pay lower salaries for the same work to members of other nationalities.”
This practice, known as the Noblemaire principle, was inherited by the U.N. and requires professional staff salaries to be determined by comparison to those of the civil service of the member state with the highest civil service pay levels. Since the U.N. was founded, this has been the U.S.
Complicating matters is that U.N. professional categories do not line up with U.S. civil service grades. The ICSC calculates equivalencies between the two as a basis for determining compensation—a process that inevitably involves subjective judgment. The ICSC itself reports that U.N. compensation significantly exceeds that of the U.S. equivalent. Specifically, the seven U.N. professional categories in New York receive net remuneration between 27.7 percent and 40.4 percent higher than the net remuneration of U.S. federal employees based in Washington, D.C.
On average, weighting for the number of U.N. employees in each category, U.N. net remuneration is 29.5 percent higher than that of their U.S. equivalent. The most numerous U.N. professional grade (called “P-4”) earned an average take-home salary in 2011 of $133,225, versus $104,353 for the U.S. equivalent.
The ICSC calculates the cost-of-living differential between Washington and New York to be 12.7 percent. After applying this adjustment and weighting for the number of U.N. employees in each category, the ICSC calculates that U.N. net remuneration is 14.9 percent higher than the U.S. equivalent. However, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management calculates the locality pay differential in New York as only 3.6 percent. Using this 3.6 percent differential reveals that net remuneration for U.N. staff in New York is actually 25 percent higher than the U.S. equivalent even after adjusting for location.
Additionally, the U.N. applies the Noblemaire principle selectively to benefit U.N. staff. While the U.S. instituted a pay freeze for federal workers in 2011 and 2012, the U.N. approved a salary increase of nearly 3 percent last year.
The U.N. asserts that the pay discrepancy is necessary in order to compensate for “specific elements relating to expatriate service.” But it is unclear why a premium above U.S. civil service salaries, the highest of any member state, is required. Indeed, U.N. net remuneration does not include the additional, incredibly generous benefits and allowances enjoyed by U.N. staff—many of which are specifically targeted to alleviate the challenges of expatriate service including:
A rental subsidy of up to 80 percent of rent above a specified threshold.
Higher salaries and allowances for U.N. employees with dependents.
A dependant child allowance (under 18 or under 21 if attending school full-time) of $2,929, a secondary dependant allowance (sibling or parent) of $1,025, and enhanced allowances for disabled dependants.
Education grants for staff serving outside their home country amounting to 75 percent of tuition, up to $32,255 per annum, payable through the fourth year of college up to the age of 25, and up to 100 percent reimbursement for boarding school for primary and secondary students.
Travel expenses relating to the initial appointment, change of duty stations, family visitation separation of service, and home leave travel. Staff posted outside their home country are provided with paid travel to their home countries for themselves and their families biennially.
A daily subsistence allowance during business travel and a half-rate daily subsistence allowance for traveling family members.
Hardship and danger allowances for duty stations with difficult living conditions that can reach thousands of dollars each month.
A mobility allowance when moved between duty stations, and paid expenses for shipping household goods and, in some cases, partial payment for shipping automobiles.
Annual vacation of 30 days, 10 official holidays, 16 weeks of paid maternity leave, and four to eight weeks of paid paternity leave.
Many of these benefits exceed those provided by the U.S. federal government—in some cases, significantly. The extent of U.N. compensation is further illustrated by studies indicating that U.S. federal employees on average earn significantly more in salary and benefits than equivalently skilled U.S. private-sector workers.
The Need to Rein in U.N. Compensation
Under the Noblemaire principle, the U.N. is supposed to base its compensation on that of the U.S. civil service. In reality, the U.N. provides more lavish salaries and benefits than those of equivalent American civil servants. This discrepancy poses significant, unjustified costs on member states, especially the U.S., which is the largest contributor to the U.N. system, providing $7.7 billion in FY 2010. Personnel costs comprise 74 percent of the U.N. regular budget according to the U.S. Mission and the budgets of most other U.N. organizations are similarly structured. To address this critical budgetary issue, the U.S. should:
Demand an immediate pay freeze until U.N. net remuneration matches that of the U.S. civil service;
Urge the General Assembly to instruct the ICSC to use the U.S. Office of Personnel Management locality pay adjustment for New York rather than its own cost-of-living calculations; and
Have the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, the Congressional Budget Office, or the Government Accountability Office periodically conduct its own comparative analysis of U.N. compensation versus that for U.S. federal workers, including establishing its own equivalencies and comparing total compensation combining salaries and benefits, as independent verification of the ICSC calculations.
Austerity at the U.N.
Fiscal prudence is always sound policy, but it is especially urgent in this era of tight budgets and financial crisis. Governments around the world have to implement austerity measures to meet budgetary necessity. As a composite of the world’s nations, the U.N. should not be insulated from this reality.
Brett D. Schaefer is Jay Kingham Fellow in International Regulatory Affairs in the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom, a division of the Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Institute for International Studies, at The Heritage Foundation.
Show references in this report
These are the International Labor Organization; the Food and Agriculture Organization; the U.N. Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization; the International Civil Aviation Organization; the World Health Organization; the Universal Postal Union; the International Telecommunications Union; the World Meteorological Organization; the International Maritime Organization; the World Intellectual Property Organization; the International Atomic Energy Agency; the U.N. Industrial Development Organization; and the U.N. World Tourism Organization. While it has not formally accepted the statute of the commission, the International Fund for Agricultural Development participates in the commission.
Essentially, this is take-home pay. In the case of the U.S., this is after-tax income. Except for U.S. citizens working at the U.N., all U.N. staff are exempt from domestic taxation. However, the U.N. does charge its employees a “staff assessment” that is applied on a progressive scale to income. Most of this staff assessment is credited against the dues of the member states. Since the U.S. taxes U.N. salaries, its share of the staff assessment is credited through the Tax Equalization Fund to the U.S. minus the taxes paid by U.S. citizens employed by the U.N. See Brett D. Schaefer, “The U.N. Should Pay What It Owes the U.S. from Its Tax Equalization Fund,” Heritage Foundation WebMemo No. 3052, November 8, 2010, http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/11/the-un-should-pay-what-its-owes-the-us-from-its-tax-equalization-fund
; and United Nations, “Assessment of Member States’ Contributions to the United Nations Regular Budget for 2012,” December 27, 2011, http://www.un.org/en/ga/contributions/budget.shtml
(accessed July 16, 2012).
Ambassador Joseph M. Torsella, “Remarks on the Proposed UN Program Budget for 2012-13, before the Fifth (Administrative and Budgetary) Committee of the UN General Assembly,” U.S. Mission to the United Nations, October 27, 2011, http://usun.state.gov/briefing/statements/2011/176325.htm
(accessed July 16, 2012).
James Sherk, “Inflated Federal Pay: How Americans Are Overtaxed to Overpay the Civil Service,” Heritage Foundation Center for Data Analysis Report No. CDA10-05, July 7, 2010, http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/07/Inflated-Federal-Pay-How-Americans-Are-Overtaxed-to-Overpay-the-Civil-Service
; and Andrew G. Biggs and Jason Richwine, “Comparing Federal and Private Sector Compensation,” American Enterprise Institute, June 8, 2011, http://www.aei.org/paper/100203
(accessed July 16, 2012).
Torsella, “Remarks on the Proposed UN Program Budget for 2012-13.”
|NAACP Furthers Mission of KKK
Search Engine Friendly URL: http://www.patriotfreedom.org/news_20120715_7580/naacp-furthers-mission-of-kkk/
NAACP Furthers Mission of KKK
In the heat of passion during a radio interview, I said,“The NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus and Democratic Party are more destructive to blacks than the KKK!”
After the radio show, I thought my statement may have been a bit over the top. Upon further thought, I concluded that my statement is true. Before calling me crazy, please hear me out.
The mission of the KKK is to stifle black liberation via intimidation which is exactly what the modern black civil rights coalition continues to do to blacks. Both organizations despise self-starter, self-reliant and free thinking blacks.
The primary mission of the black civil rights coalition (NAACP/ CBC) and Democratic Party is to keep black Americans believing themselves eternal victims of an eternally racist white America. Many blacks have been successfully indoctrinated into believing every problem in the black community is the result of white oppression.
This is why the black civil rights coalition verbally brutalized black actor/comedian Bill Cosby for suggesting that blacks embrace moral responsibility, hard work and self-reliance to solve problems in their community.
This is also why the black civil rights coalition hates two of the most powerful blacks on the planet; Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Thomas and Rice achieved extraordinary success competing without special concessions or lowered standards due to their race. The KKK shares the black civil rights coalition's disdain for such uppity self-reliant “n------”.
As I stated, the mission of the KKK is to suppress blacks. The black civil rights coalition has assisted in the fulfillment of the KKK's mission for decades.
Democratic Party failed-policies supported by the black civil rights coalition have destroyed the black family and sparked epidemic out-of-wedlock births. They have created fatherless black boys who run to gangs in search of male bonding. Blacks are disproportionately represented in prisons, have epidemic high school dropout rates and genocidal levels of black abortions – all due to Democrat led government intrusion.
Yes, monolithic loyal voting for Democrats has truly paid off for blacks. It would be fitting and proper for the KKK to send the black civil rights coalition a “Thank You” card for wreaking such havoc in the black community.
A black man in the White House is the ultimate symbol of America's repentance from her sin of slavery. And yet, to preserve its relevance, the black civil rights coalition strives to convince blacks that race relations have progressed very little since the 1950s. Meanwhile, President Obama is the huge black elephant – or perhaps, I should say donkey – in America's living room proving otherwise.
The NAACP further revealed its true colors when Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney addressed its members at their convention.
Clearly, this once-great organization, which comprised champions of civil rights, has morphed into a shameful liberal activist hate group. They do not give-a-hoot about real black empowerment. Their mission is solely to advance a far-left, liberal, socialist/progressive and anti-America agenda. The NAACP has sold its soul for a seat at its white liberal massa's table. This disgraceful bunch no longer deserves our respect.
The NAACP called Romney offensive for speaking about family values, self-reliance, character and hard work – values touted by MLK.
The liberal NAACP audience wanted Romney to give an Obama type speech proclaiming that business owners are rich selfish SOBs! They wanted Romney to vow to punish achievers and redistribute their ill-gotten gain (earnings) to black America. Such a speech would have won Romney a standing ovation.
This is why, as a black conservative, I have disassociated myself from the evil low-rent modern black civil rights coalition. They consistently appeal to black America's lower nature, promoting victimhood-ism, class envy and racial hatred. I refuse to be a part of such a bottom-feeding mindset.
Also, there are grave consequences associated with constantly telling blacks they need lower standards and special concessions to succeed. Such bigotry of low expectations sends a not-so-subliminal message to blacks. The message is blacks are intellectually challenged and inferior. The KKK could not do a better job of negatively impacting the self-esteem of black Americans.
A photo ID is required to board an airplane, cash a check and do a host of other things. But somehow, acquiring a photo ID is too challenging for blacks. It appears the KKK, black civil rights coalition and Democratic Party all agree that blacks are just not as smart as whites.
Here is what the Obama administration, praised by the black civil rights coalition, considers black empowerment. Proudly declared as an effort to assist black America, the Obama administration announced it has softened the penalty for possession of crack cocaine. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2899824/posts
I suspect the KKK cheered, “Right on brothers! Right on!”
Lloyd Marcus, Proud Unhyphenated American
|Obama, NAACP Pervert Civil Rights
Search Engine Friendly URL: http://www.patriotfreedom.org/news_20120715_5350/obama-naacp-pervert-civil-rights/
Obama, NAACP Pervert Civil Rights
As his re-election hopes dim, the mainstream “progressive” media continue to run interference for Barack Obama. It’s predictable. They no longer even try to hide it. They persist in slobbering on their over-hyped, under-capable would-be savior as his campaign collapses around them. The sycophancy is embarrassing and the desperation palpable.
Most recently, they’ve created a stir around the NAACP crowd booing Mitt Romney at the decidedly liberal group’s national convention in Houston, Texas. The activist attendees didn’t like the fact that President Obama’s presumptive GOP challenger intends to repeal Obamacare if elected.
Still, what you won’t hear from the mainstream media is the fact that those very same left-leaning activists gave Mr. Romney a rousing ovation when he pledged to defend the institution of real marriage from secular extremists’ ongoing attempts to radically re-define it.
During his speech, Romney quoted former NAACP Executive Director Benjamin Hooks, noting that the family “remains the bulwark and the mainstay of the black community. That great truth must not be overlooked.”
The former Massachusetts governor then promised the conference-goers: “Any policy that lifts up and honors the family is going to be good for the country, and that must be our goal. As president, I will promote strong families – and I will defend traditional marriage!”
At this, the crowd erupted into sustained applause.
Herein lies the ongoing rift between the NAACP leadership, its rank and file and the African-American community at large. By recently joining with President Obama to endorse counterfeit “same-sex marriage,” the NAACP leadership betrayed the very constituency it presumes to represent. It blundered its way directly into conflict with the vast majority of African-Americans.
“Traditional marriage enjoys steadfast support in America, especially among African-Americans,” said Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) in response to Romney’s pro-family pledge. “Just this past May, an overwhelming percentage of black voters supported a marriage protection amendment in North Carolina, just as they did several years ago in California and in other states,” continued Brown.
“We know that despite the actions of some African-American elites, rank-and-file voters in the black community continue to support marriage as the union of one man and one woman,” he concluded.
Indeed, by throwing their collective weight behind such extremist, San Francisco-style social engineering, both the president and the NAACP have exposed just how out of touch they are with the rest America – particularly African-Americans. (Consider, for instance, that in 2008, over 70 percent of black voters supported Prop. 8, California’s natural marriage-protection amendment.)
By backing the absurd, oxymoronic notion of so-called “same-sex marriage,” the NAACP leadership has allowed itself to be played by “the man.” (In this case “the man” is the mostly white, “progressive”-elite establishment.)
The black community is having none of it. A group of leading African-American clergy called “The Coalition of African-American Pastors” (CAAP) has called on both President Obama and the NAACP to honor their pledge to represent the interests of the black community instead of radical white special interests.
In an interview with the Christian Post, the Rev. Bill Owens, CAAP president, noted: “The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People needs to be recalled to its founding purpose. Black people face acute and urgent needs, from unemployment to education, family fragmentation, discrimination and crime.
“We are calling on the NAACP, a beloved organization in our eyes, to reclaim its mission. The black church founded the NAACP, and it is not the organization for the advancement of gays and lesbians – whatever the merits of that movement. Return to your roots and stand with the black church on marriage. The black church in our eyes remains the conscience of America.
“More than anything, this is an issue of biblical principles, and President Obama is carrying our nation down a dangerous road,” continued Owens “Many African-Americans were once proud of our president, but now many are ashamed of his actions.”
For decades now, well-organized, well-funded and politically powerful homosexual pressure groups have, with impertinence, hijacked the language of the authentic civil rights movement.
In what amounts to a sort of soft racism, this mostly white sexual anarchist faction has disingenuously and ignobly hitched its little pink wagon to a movement that, by contrast, is built upon the genuine and noble precepts of racial equality and humanitarian justice.
Indeed, that Barack Obama and the NAACP would align themselves with a militant, immoral lobby that literally takes “pride” in arrogant rebellion against biblical principles is, perhaps, what’s most troubling about this inexplicable political misstep.
It’s offensive – disgusting, in fact – that this pleasure-based, sex-centric movement – delineated by deviant proclivities and behaviors – would dare to equate its demands for celebration of bad behavior to Christian notions of racial equality.
Ken Hutcherson, an influential black pastor from the Seattle area, put it well: “It has been said loudly and proudly that gay marriage is a civil rights issue. If that’s the case, then gays would be the new African-Americans. I’m here to tell you now, and hopefully for the last time, that the gay community is not the new African-American community.
“Don’t compare your sin to my skin!” he demands.
Alas, how far we’ve come from the character-content vision of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. who, like his fellow Republican, Mitt Romney, recognized the critical importance of marriage and family. How we’ve perverted what constitutes true civil rights.
Shame on you, NAACP.
And shame on you, Barack Obama.
|Obama expected to sign global gun control treaty July 27
Search Engine Friendly URL: http://www.patriotfreedom.org/news_20120712_4565/obama-expected-to-sign-global-gun-control-treaty-july-27/
Obama expected to sign global gun control treaty July 27
While most of the news outlets in the United States have engulfed Americans in news coverage regarding the economy and the 2012 presidential elections, little if any news coverage exists about major actions being considered by President Barack Obama and progressive lawmakers, including the signing of a United Nations gun control treaty on July 27, according to Dick Morris, a former Bill Clinton political advisor.
Apparently the United States will sign-on to an International Gun Control Plan pushed by the United Nations that's already received the blessings of Secretary Hillary Clinton, according to the State Department.
Secretary Clinton has been pushing for the United States to become a party to a global gun control treaty since she began heading the State Department. And President Obama appears to be overly sympathetic to such an international power-grab, according to gun rights groups, according to gun rights activists such as John Snyder and Larry Pratt.
"Last week, the Obama Administration took its first major step in a long-range plan to ban firearms in the United States. The Obama Administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations," according to journalist Joan Sharon.
By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the U.S. State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the U.S. government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments, according to political consultant and attorney Michael S. Baker.
"These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as radical billionaire George Soros and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg," said Baker.
"The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms," according to Joan Sharon.
"The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our Second Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened," she added.
Critics believe Obama will appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation in the United States that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is committing the U.S. to international treaties and foreign gun control laws.
"We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment," Ms. Sharon stated.
Jim Kouri, Law Enforcement Examiner
And former police detective Samuel Ginsburg uses the Operation Fast and Furious scandal as an example of Obama's infatuation with disarming Americans. He claims the goal of the gun-walking operation was to place even more sanctions on gun dealers and owners.
"These people came up with an amateurish police operation designed to prove their point about a need for stiffer gun laws. And it blew up in their faces as they hide behind executive privilege likes rats hide from an exterminator," said Ginsburg.